Congratulations! You’re one step closer to enjoying a leak-proof, vegan friendly, paraben free period with Hey Girls Period Pants!
A new concept for many, and for some it can be quite daunting to switch to reusable products. We live in a world of disposable-culture, so it only makes sense that you have questions about how to care for your period pants.
Low maintenance? You bet.
Easy kept? Of course!
Long lasting? Take care of your pants, and they’ll take care of you.
Once you have received your Hey Girls pants and tried on for size, you can remove the gusset sticker when you know they’re a keeper. Our range of pants come in a variety of styles and absorbencies, but the same care rules apply to all. The pants can be worn all day or all night long (the heaviest pant holds up to 5 tampons worth).
- When you’re finished using your first pair, rinse and twist them under cold water until the water runs clear – this helps protect the fabric.
- When you’re ready to put on a dark wash, pop your pants into a 30’ – 40’ cycle (if you have a delicates bag, even better!). Do not use fabric softener when washing the pants as this can lessen the absorbency of the gusset fabric. You could even try using an eco-friendly washing detergent, or hand-wash with natural soap.
- Once your pants and clean and fresh, hang them up to air dry or even pop them on a radiator to speed up the drying. This is a tumble-dryer-free zone! As we use only the best tech fabric, our pants shouldn’t take more than a day or night to dry.
And now your pants are officially part of the family! These beauties can last for up to 5 years of use, depending on care and wear. Better yet, once you’ve bought yourself a pair of pants, you can rejoice in the knowledge that you have also donated a pair to someone living in Period Poverty. A pair for you, and a pair for them – so everyone can enjoy a carefree and eco-friendly period.
- How absorbent are your period pants?
Our period pants are currently available in 2 different absorbencies. Some are mid absorbency, which hold up to 3-4 tampons worth of your period. The heavy absorbency styles hold 4-5 tampons. That means they can be worn all day or all night!
- Do I need to wear anything else with the period pants?
Nope! Your period pants are there to replace any need for another product. That means you can just pull up your pants and go! No need to change or wash every time you go to the loo. When you have finished wearing your pants for the day or night, be sure to rinse them in cold water until the water runs clear, then pop them in your wash basket.
- What materials are your period pants?
Our pants are vegan friendly, paraben free, and made with high tech fabric that dries quickly to keep you comfy. The outer layer that touches your skin is made from organic cotton, and the bamboo terry inside our knickers has natural anti-bacterial properties. Our fabrics have been scientifically tested to ensure they comply with global safety standards and requirements. We do not use PFAS, PUL or nanotechnology in our Pants. They are certificated to Standard 100 of OEKO-TEX.
WHAT OUR COMMUNITY THINKS
“Very comfortable, good quality, feel great on, the lace along the top is pretty and they sit really well when I’m wearing the pants. I would 100% recommend these pants and Hey Girls.” – Helen, Black Lace Mid Waister
“So comfortable and secure. Glad I decided to give these a try – ordering more!” – Hazel, Black Lace High Waister
“Honestly obsessed with your pants! They’re sexier than my usual pants! No leaks and so comfy highly highly recommend to any period pant newbies out there!” – All Shapes Yoga